Thursday, September 29, 2005

Viral flavoring

I've been reading and listening to Seth Godin for quite some time now. I read his post on What Makes an Idea Viral and then went out and experienced it yesterday.

I was driving my daughter to a meeting and we were listening to the radio . . . I know, I know, radio is so 90's . . . and the DJ and sidekick were talking about Jones Soda because they had done something remarkable (worth talking about).

Apparently, last Thanksgiving Jones Soda produced holiday flavors including Turkey & Gravy Soda, Mashed Potato & Butter. Green Bean Casserole sodas in honor of the holiday, The DJ assured us that thier flavors were indeed quite accurate to thier labels. Now, they've added two new flavors for Halloween 2005, Candy Corn and Caramel Apple.

I was so entertained by the flavors I had to go home and tell the rest of the family about them. We'll probably have to try them.

The idea was easy to understand, rewarding to spread (helped maintain my flagging coolness factor), and easy for me to spread. Now I'm spreading it further via this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might not tell anyone so I think the "spreading" might be limited as I am your "audience". Weird flavors. I have never had one of those chic pops. Just give me a Coke or Pepsi (or even an RC).

Anonymous said...

BTW,
you're still cool to me!