Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Serious bikers, seats are still dangerous



If your putting in serious time on your bike, your ergonomic seat may still hurt you. This New York Times piece gives all the details.

If you spend a lot of time on a traditional bike seat, read it, and if necessary get a new seat. I am currently using a Specialized Body Geometry seat, compliments of my buddy, Bob, and though it doesn't go as far as the article recommends, it has been tons better than my old arched top seat. You can see Specialized seats here.

Happy trails . . . or roads.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can they hook up a recliner to the bike too? I haven't heard of recliners causing any problems. The major problem that they aren't addressing is, of course, where do you put the chips and dips? I know you can keep your favorite beverages in those hats with two cans and the straws. But chips and dips, science is still baffled.

Hans Christian Schmid said...

You left out the mobile satellite TV and internet connection!

Anonymous said...

Dare to dream!! I am always thinking too small. Something for to protect for the sun might be nice as well.