I was talking with a friend today about beer at church sponsored events. I in my great wisdom pointed out that it's not prohibited to drink or allow drinking at a church event. Later I remembered there are some other tests you should peform to evaluate what your doing. I heard these from Arnold Fruchtenbaum Here are the questions to consider.
1. Is it a weight? Is it something that will hinder? Hebrews 12:1
2. Is it a habit? Will it enslave? I Corinthians 6:12
3. Is it a stumbling block? Especially in relationship to the saved. I Corinthians 8:1-13
4. Is it winsome? Especially in relationship to the unsaved. I Corinthians 10:32 , Collosians 4:5
5. Does it display God effectively? I Corinthians 10:31